Exactly one week ago, on Monday the 21st, I completed my 21nd loop around the sun and apart from stuffing my face with cake faster than you can say “make a wish”, drinking some snazzy cocktails and finally submitting my bachelor dissertation proposal (oh the glamorous life of a second year student), I also sat down and reflected on what I’ve learnt about this life thing so far and decided to share it with my little corner of the internet. So, I present you:
- Moving abroad is the most scary and rewarding thing you could do.
- Travel and explore as much as you can.
- Sleep is underrated.
- Being single in your 20s is a blessing in disguise.
- The incognito tab can be used for more than watching porn – cheap plane tickets!
- Not talking to/seeing your friends daily doesn’t mean they’re not your friends anymore.
- High school is probably not the best period of your life.
- There are so many ways you can eat eggs, specially if you’re a student.
- An IKEA candle is a perfectly good hammer replacement.
- Your mum is not as scary as she seemed when you were 15.
- A night in and be just as good as a night out (even better).
- Your bra can fit way more than just your boobs – phone, card, keys, etc.
- Eat food before a night out to avoid looking like a drunk cow.
- Don’t rush through life’s milestones – there’s plenty of time to achieve all your wildest dreams.
- Not everyone around you will be happy for your success.
- Freeze your tofu before you fry it.
- You really don’t need 12 different foundations.
- 12 shades of nude lipstick is totally acceptable though.
- It’s okay to admit you don’t know something and ask for help.
- Sometimes you’re going to be more excited to buy a new hoover than a new piece of clothing.
- Don’t delete pictures, because you think you look bad.